Announcements and Important Events
The VHSL has finally approved the calendar and info for returning to sports and the athletic competition seasons. I have included 2 documents for anyone to look at that explains in detail what we are about to embark on this year.
The District and Region AD’s are working hard to create the new athletic schedules for the upcoming seasons. Those are anticipated to be released in the next week or so once finalized.
Just a reminder of the new seasons
- Season 1 (Winter) December 7 – February 20 (First Contest Date – December 21)
- Dec. 7th – Basketball and Sideline Cheer
- Dec. 14th - Gymnastics, Indoor Track, Swim and Dive and Wrestling
- Season 2 (Fall) February 4 – May 1 (First Contest Date – March 1)
- Feb. 4th - Competition Cheer and Football
- Feb. 15th - Cross country, Field Hockey, Golf and Volleyball
- Season 3 (Spring) April 12 – June 26 (First Contest Date – April 26)
- April 12th - Baseball, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis and Outdoor Track
- Academic Activities (December – June)
- Theatre, Scholastic Bowl, Forensics, Debate, Robotics, Film Festival, Creative Writing, Publications Evaluation, and Multimedia Contest.
*The reason some sports in certain season have a different start date is because of the required amount of practice days before a contest made be played. This is for safety reasons.
Thanks to everyone for your patience during the challenging and difficult time. We all need to pull together to make these upcoming season as positive and successful as we possibly can for our coaches, student athletes and everyone involved.
There will be additional info forthcoming, such as attendance regulations and restrictions as well as safety guidelines for everyone. Once those are finalized by LCPS we will be sure to get that info out to everyone so we can be prepared.
In the meantime please continue to work out in preparation of the upcoming seasons and please get your physical submitted and the required online registration. Physicals at this time can be emailed to the AD at email@example.com In order to participate you MUST complete the online registration and turn in your physical. Updated lists are sent to coaches weekly.
Pass this email along to anyone and everyone to keep them informed.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.